Affordable Los Angeles Movers – 5 Tips for Packing Your Garage!
Garage is the “throne room” or “cave” for many persons. Here we usually like to keep various tools and hardware, broken equipment, cars and generally things filled with memories. So, packing a garage for a move can be quite tricky and time consuming. You must adopt an effective strategy that will streamline this project and make it easier to pack.
If you can handle this on your own, you can hire one of the many affordable Los Angeles movers. Furthermore, you should consider applying the following 5 tips for packing your garage:
- Analyze the content of your garage and get rid of unwanted items. Safely dispose of all expired chemicals (pesticides, insecticides or other types of poisons). Broken beyond repair equipment should also be disposed.
- Remove all fuels and flammable substances. Before packing mechanical gears or vehicles, like a lawn mower, make sure that they do not contain fuel. Also, you should get rid of highly flammable substances. Removing batteries from different appliances is also a good idea.
- Group items of the same shape, size and category. Hammers, pliers, saws and similar items must be packed together. It would be useful if you have a toolbox specially designed for them. Remove attachments from all power tools and if possible, disassemble large equipment.
- Contact an auto transport company for your vehicles. If you have a significant number of vehicles (cars, boats, tractors, mini-vans) you should hire a company to safely transport them.
- Work with a reliable moving company. Before choosing your mover, you should check more about is background and feedbacks from former clients. Also, you could ask your friends or relatives if they were helped to pack the garage and if they were satisfied by the offered services.
Check our webpage for more info about our moving services. Check out our rates!